Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Picking a Favorite Product

Perhaps you've had the chance to either look at the new Annual Idea Book in person or virtually flip through the pages online. Once you covered every page, does just one product stand out or have you chosen several favorites? Today, I would like to share just a few of my faves....of course I can't pick just one thing, its a big book!

I'm always excited to see what new Cricut cartridges we will get and this year is no disappointment. However, I'm a big fan of How-to Books and when I saw that we had a new one I was super excited. It's called Make it from Your Heart Volume 3. Yes, I already have the first 2 that were published and use them often for inspiration. This book is a little different than the other two as you can insert the 3 hole punched volume into your choice of Everyday Life Album. You can choose the classy black and white striped album or the new Bashful Album which happens to replace Sea Glass as the color of the year! I chose the pretty new pink!






The new Bashful color is also available in ink, re-inker, cardstock, glitter paper and pearls!


This publication includes 36 two-page layout patterns for standard photo sizes, plus it will give ideas for adding more photo's using the pocket scrapbooking cards and memory protectors. The index in the front is laid out so that you can choose a layout based on how many photographs you want to include. I love that each pattern gives you 2 different ideas of artwork with a variety of papers and embellishments. If you love having a guide to kick start your creativity, you are going to love this program. 

Here is the pattern in the book that I chose and my layout.


You may notice that I used some older embellishments on this layout, however that paper is brand new. Okay, Okay, another favorite product from the new Idea Book. Close To My Heart has updated all the colors in the Basics collection. I was immediately intrigued by them and having some fun getting to know all the new colors. I chose a few of the fantastic patterns from the fundamentals collection to complete this layout.


The names of the new colors are pretty clever, they are: charcoal, pewter, pebble, linen, mink, heather, espresso, nutmeg, toffee and almond. Did I mention that the cardstock is updated as well? A fun new feature of these lovely papers is that now you will find a slightly lighter shade of the true color on the reverse side. This will allow for easier color coordination on your projects.

Take another look at this fun layout with so many newly added products and inspired by the incredible Make it from Your Heart How-to Book.


You can shop all these new items online today! Oh yeah! Did I tell you which stamp set is my favorite in the new book? Oh no, well maybe next time!!

No comments: