Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Happy at Home

With the launch of the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book this summer I was excited to order new products and play with them all! One of the first projects I wanted to create was a single page layout that immediately caught my eye on page 29. In the midst of these fantastic new items arriving and waiting to be opened up, my husband and I were diving into a big flooring makeover in our home. While waiting for mortar to set for a day, I took that opportunity to play with some of the new Rustic Home papers and the "happy" thin cuts. I figured that once our home renovation was complete this would be a great page to record the memories of our labor intensive, yet rewarding work. Here is what I came up with.


You can see that the inspiration from the Idea Book was simply a jumping off point, not an exact copy. I flipped the page to create horizontal photo wells instead of vertical. I kept most of the embellishments and the paper of course. I changed up the ribbon a bit and kept a more neutral palette rather than using the new Sea Glass as it would not blend with the colors of the photographs to come.

I am entering this page in the "Copy That" challenge on Heart 2 Heart Challenges Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

This is such a gorgeous and rustic layout- and the thin cut title is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.

Laurie Levorson said...

I just love the combination of rustic woodgrain and lace that you used in your layout! It's just beautiful and it will be a great place to document your new floor pictures. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Anonymous said...

Love your layout!!! Simple and beautiful! :) Kim