Monday, October 5, 2015

Embossed Scary Halloween

You have seen dry embossing many times, but have you seen a diffuser? Well, don't be scared of this new tool! It's a lot of fun to play with and you'll get some really awesome results from it.

Close To My Heart now offers a circle and square diffuser that you can use with any dry embossing folders and a die cutting machine like Cuttlebug and Sizzix Big Shot. I played with the circle diffuser so far and this is the Halloween card I created.


For this card I used an older skeleton folder and the circle diffuser. I simply laid the diffuser over my folder that contained a piece of white cardstock in the middle. I then ran it through my Big Shot. What you have in the end is the embossed image all over the cardstock except the middle, circular portion. Now I can stamp or embellish as I desire on the flat surface. For this particular card I stamped a winged scroll image in black then I layered a skull metal charm on top. You will also notice that I sponged some ink on the embossed image to allow it to stand out more.

Here is a close up view of the center image~


Here is a look at another piece of cardstock that I rolled through the Big Shot using the circle diffuser and the new Confetti folder.


The diffusers come in square and circle. You can also reverse the effect by only using the punched out circle or square allowing only that small portion to be embossed on your card base. (you can search a video of this technique in action by following CTMH on Instagram)


Finally, one last look at the finished embossing using the circle again with the quatrefoil folder.


You can find these diffusers and all the embossing folders online.

No comments: