Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Scrap Room Renovation Layout

I have been working in my newly renovated scrapbooking room for a couple of weeks now. I'm adjusting to the various changes, but can say that I really love having everything organized again. The wood floors make me so happy every time I walk into the room and I'm very conscious about caring for them. A great way to remember all the hard work that went into renovating this room (and keeping it nice) was to create a layout about the transformation!

I held nothing back in creating this layout. I made it a true reflection of what this space means to me and feels like. The colors and embellishments in the layout represent my new room. I used lots of bits and pieces that I rediscovered through the clean up process.

 When looking at the layout as a whole, your eye moves from left to right, starting with a before picture and moving through to the after photo. It also flows in a rainbow color scheme with pops of black & white, as do several areas of my scrapbook room. {ribbon, storage bins, Heidi Swapp color shine bottles, markers & inks}

{left page}

{right page}


I used one of the Heidi Swapp color shine templates, not as a template to spray mist, but literally the template! I added a color shine heart misted with sweet cherry and attached some ancient Basic Grey ribbons. A little FABulous stamped in black at the top from CTMH Happiness Lives Here, Design Decor Framed Art stamp set.


New and old patterned paper banners with some fun Washi tape.


More Washi tape used as labels and embellishments galore.


A cluster of stamps from an Operation Smile stamp set and Documenting Moments. More bright colors with a pop of black!


Here I used a Jillibean Soup "hello" photo frame, Heidi Swapp color shine "love" heart and a mix of papers and embellishments.


And finally, a Heidi Swapp color shine label card misted in teal and mint green with the date stamped in black. A zip strip with a great message and a few more buttons and twine finish this page.

Now I will always remember the love and hard work that went into creating the space, 
where I CREATE!

No comments: