Thursday, April 2, 2015

Some Familiar Faces in Seasonal Expressions 2!

It's always fun to get a new Idea Book and browse through the pages admiring all the beautiful artwork and writing out my "I want that" list of products! It's even more thrilling to turn the page and see the faces of your family in a gorgeous layout!

I submitted some photographs to corporate some time ago. They needed some outdoor adventure, biking, hiking type photo's. That's totally up my alley. I actually forgot about them, but strangely as I started to flip through the pages of the new Seasonal Expressions 2 book I thought about them. The very next page I turned there we were!! I was elated and the layout the artist created with them was amazing. Here is how the layout looks in the book on page 23 featuring the Campfire Lifestyle stamp set.


I wanted to re-create my own layout using some current photo's from a recent camping trip. I used the same Jackson paper and incorporated some PML cards, Boardwalk Washi tape, Jackson Complements, Jackson Assortment, Glacier twine and Oceanside sequins. {some older stamp sets were used also!}


A few close-up shots of the details. I had a blast using new stuff with these awesome papers.

 I took the tip on page 23 to make the Washi tape an attractive accessory to my page 
by simply taping it to cardstock and cutting it out!

 The HELLO portion on this tag was actually cut out from a PML card.

 This ticket is from the Complements sheet and you can see just a bit of bronze shimmer trim.

 I can't decide if I like the feather or sentiment more from the Complements sticker sheet. {arrow Washi tape is not CTMH :( sorry}

I couldn't resist pulling out some older stamp sets on this tag.

This sentiment was actually taken from a zip strip on the Jackson papers. The trees in the circle is from the Jackson Assortment which is a metal-rimmed piece and very cool!

I absolutely love the layout that was created with my family pics and hope that my own rendition is comparable. Regardless, it will always remind me of the time I had my family photo's featured in the SE2 publication!

If you are ever inspired by artwork in the book, you should try to recreate it yourself and put a little different spin on it. You can purchase all the new products now with me or online. Remember if you order online this month you can score a Deal of the Day!

www.amysart.ctmh.com

No comments: