Monday, January 19, 2015

Truly Original!

Happy Monday! Today I have some time to get caught up on a couple of projects and challenges that I have been wanting to do all week! I rarely create manly cards or projects, so it is always great to be challenged into doing some!

First, I am playing along with Heart 2 Heart's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge. {see board game below}Within that challenge is to use a sketch which leads to the second challenge at Freshly Made Sketches! It is also a manly theme with some stamping, completing the tic-tac-toe, 3 in a row!



I used some Paper Fundamentals with a great shimmery arrow pattern on the front. I then die cut a circle through the entire front so that the message was revealed on what is the inside of the card. That curly mustache is simply floating in the circle. I finished it with just a few pewter sequins, not too blingy for the guys, just a metallic color to match their machines!!



Curious where the mustache is from?! It is actually found on the new Artfully Sent cartridge. I used the negative cut from a pocket card found on page 40. Here is what the project should look like when used as directed in the booklet.



I am always holding on to those negative pieces to use on another project. In this case I was seeking out the mustache alone and then completed the project as directed. So save your negative cuts....or look at a project completely different in the first place!

2 comments:

Nikka Geers said...

That mustache is perfect. And such a simple design. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart

Brandi said...

I love this card and I am usually not a fan of the whole must ache trend but it works on your card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Brandi R.
H2H DT member
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca