Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Picture My Life Workshop





I held my Picture My Life workshop this past Saturday. As you can see from the photo above I gave a sampling of different projects that can be created using any of these collections. The ladies enjoyed the workshop, had the freedom to create their own pages and were inspired by the ideas I shared. They had several more ideas to contribute by the end of the class. Here are a few ideas I showed them.


I started by showing the basic idea of the Picture My Life collections. I had a few sample pages using the new Pear & Partridge cards. I also had some pages from my own personal scrapbook in the Surf's Up collection. They were able to see pages with photo's and lots of my own journaling. These pages also had a few added embellishments and stamping on them so they could see how to incorporate more products and our amazing My Acrylix stamp sets.

To add even more interest and possibility to the page, I showed the ladies how you can add an accordion folded section of cardstock that can be unfolded and pulled out for more pictures or journaling. 




How about using the cards in your home decor! They can easily be added to the designer decor frame with little wooden clothespins. I like this idea, because you can change up your decor with the latest events in your family!


Mini albums are a quick and easy way to showcase pictures from a recent celebration or event, rather than a 12x12 scrapbook page. You can use the cards in a Kraft binder mini album like I did in this post of my son's graduation book or you can actually create a mini album with the cards and some Washi tape. For this mini book I used the Later Sk8r PML collection and some various Washi tape to bind them all together.



Finally, I showed them how easily the PML cards can be added to a standard greeting card. You can use them alone with just some papers or dress it up further with some stamping and embellishing. Here is one of the boxed card samples I showed them in the Laughing Lola papers. I also demonstrated this using the Pear & Partridge collection, but gave both the sample cards away before taking a picture of them! {oops!}


I think the only way I did not show the PML collection was in our Base & Bling jewelry, but I bet we can create that too! Don't forget about the special this month where you can purchase additional protector sheets for only $3 when you order one of the Picture My Life collections. See all the details in the right hand column or shop online here.

No comments: