Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Graduation Day Layout

I was able to get some of the graduation pictures scrapbooked this week. Not bad, considering it's still June...thank goodness for Summer vacation!!

These are some pictures of the graduation day...or should I say night ceremony! Our small town High School held the ceremony the old~fashioned way, out on their football field. It was a really hot day so we were worried about the sun beating on us while we waited for the ceremony to begin. Luckily by the time the ceremony began at 8pm the seating was really well shaded and temperatures fell quickly as the sun set behind the school. It was a wonderful ceremony! After the graduates received their diploma, they walked down the aisle and in front of the bleachers for all to see. As our son made his walk, we could hear his family members shouting & cheering for him! His Pa Pa loudly exclaimed "I love you, Alex!". {He's the one in the buttercup yellow collared shirt and dark blue hat}


 After the ceremony all the kids formed a big group and got to throw their caps in the air! This was also cool, because several schools have banned this action! After a big group picture the families were allowed on the field to take pictures. I knew we would have to be fast as my son is not a big picture taking kind-of guy!!


So here are a couple of good photo's I captured before the ceremony and after. I say "good" photo's because my camera does not take great pictures in football field lighting! :(

 I'm still using up some Free To Be Me papers. I combined them with an older paper collection and journaling pockets called Elemental. For my title I combined some AC Thickers with the E-sized Framework Alphabet. The pocket works well for holding the tickets. I have added some fun tags and embellishments of all kinds. I have yet to do the journaling, but I imagine it will be about what I described at the beginning of this post! :)



The following day we had a BBQ to celebrate...those pictures have yet to be scapped! Stay tuned!

No comments: