Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy National Scrapbooking Month!

Yeah, it's May! That means this month is dedicated to scrapbooking! Why do you scrapbook? What do you love about it?

I recently read an article in Women's Health about how our high-tech gadgets are erasing our minds. In one particular paragraph it referred to our love of Instagram and how we instantly snap our picture to share with our followers, but never recall it again. We are subconsciously counting on our camera/gadget to capture the moment for us. One of the suggestions to fix our memory is to first really take in the moment before snapping the picture. Ask yourself what you want to remember about the image and moment. Then take the time to organize your photo's and look at them again from time to time. Isn't that why you scrapbook?

I love looking back through my books and reflecting on a moment that has long ago passed me by. I like to remind my husband to take a look from time to time too. We both are always amazed about how far we've come (celebrating 20 years of marriage this September) and how much we've accomplished. I also shared with my children that they need to give my books special attention when I'm no longer around. I have hidden notes, stories and treasures throughout them, shoved between pages or tucked in little pockets. Sweet mementos that I have left behind for them.

So how do we celebrate National Scrapbooking Month and save our minds?! We celebrate with an amazing paper collection offered at a great deal for this month only!


You can get the Free to Be Me paper collection for just $5 with your qualifying purchase of $50. This collection is stunning and directly on trend with the market. You will receive artfully designed B&T Duos papers, a feather vellum, gold dot vellum and UV coated cardstocks as well. Plus, when you spend $50 and get the collection for just $5, you also qualify for the Stamp of the Month. Which is perfect because you can use it to create some wonderful cards in addition to the two-page layouts that you will be able to create from an instructional guide. {ask me for more details on instruction guide & workshop opportunities!}


Some product suggestions to reach your $50 purchase are~

Aqua dots, Z1853

My Acrylix Feathers, C1584

My Acrylix Marquee Uppercase Alphabet, E1029
 

Hopscotch Alphabet, E1028 {This was not suggested in the guide, but I used it on my layout and it works just as well. Come back soon to see the post of that layout!}


This Saturday, May 3rd, is National Scrapbooking Day. Will you be joining the fun? getting creative? capturing memories? Follow me on Instagram @amys_art or using "hashtags" #CTMHcreate or #nsd10k. {I know Instagram...how ironic?} Big Picture Classes and friends will be hosting the online scrapbooking event of the year. They hope to reach 10,000 layouts on Instagram! Don't miss it!

I will also be posting scrapbook layouts and other fun projects using the Free to Be Me collection all month long. Be sure to visit often!

Happy National Scrapbooking Month!!!


No comments: