Monday, March 25, 2013

Birthday Themed Card Exchange

What a busy month this has been! Earlier this month I posted about my upcoming card exchange with a Birthday theme seeing how my family has celebrated many Birthday's this March! Participants could create anything with a Birthday theme...young or old, feminine or masculine, serious or hilarious! There was a wide variety as usual, but all done beautifully with the help of gorgeous Close To My Heart products!

First off is my card. I think it turned it out to be one of my favorites in a long while.


One of the girls remarked that the black tulle was her favorite part of the whole card!



Next is Barbie~ She is new to our exchange and would you believe new to paper crafting?!! What a gorgeous card and that butterfly is amazing!


Janet's card is full of amazing cut outs from the Cricut cartridges. Her card could be used for both feminine or masculine I think!



Tommie shows off her dry embossing skills and great distressing techniques.


I love the black and yellow color theme that Pat chose for her card. She surprised us with an unexpected Cricut shape for the flower vase! Can you guess what it is?



Julie's cards travel many miles to reach me every year. How fitting that her vellum envelopes should be post marked with a Birthday sentiment!


Her card also featured a fun split opening behind the cute party hat!



Nanette's card is simply sweet with just a bit of pearls and lace to give it a soft, vintage feel!

 
 
 and finally... A bright and fun card from Stacie. The pops of color and dry embossing really make you want to celebrate!


A big thank you to all the ladies that participated in the exchange. I truly enjoy sharing all of your creations and seeing the wonderful artwork you design.

No comments: